Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Success!

Our ward had our Trunk or Treat last weekend...and it was a SUCCESS. Colton was The Man in the Yellow Hat, and I have to say, I just giggled every time I would look at him since I thought he was so cute. (thanks mom for the amazing costume. You rock). Looks like my little social story (see post below) paid off! When asked, "Colton, what is your costume" he would respond "Man in the Yellow Hat!" (which is great since he used to just copy back to us verbatim what we would say, now he is responding to some basic questions!)

He even perfectly would say "Trick or Treat" and "Thank you" to every car. My mommy heart was so proud. Don't tell Colton that I ended up eating the majority of his Halloween candy :) Whoops!




And, I decided to go as a frog. I know, I really went all out this year! haha.

9 comments:

lyndsey said...

omg ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! he looks so so cute. and i am SO proud of him for doing so awesome. your book totally worked! you are the best mom ever.

Jill said...

Best mom ever, best dad ever--this little boy deserves the best! He is so unbelievably cute that I have to keep looking just to make sure I didn't imagine it. I am so so proud of him.

Kara said...

What a stud! I'm glad that he did so well. I won't tell colton you ate his candy if you don't tell Grace I ate hers. Secret benefits of being a Mom? I think so!

Cummards said...

I still can't get over his costume!!! It is the best costume I've seen in a while, I love it. Casey would die! And you are a good mom for even dressing up at all! So happy for Colton as well :)

Cummards said...

I still can't get over his costume!!! It is the best costume I've seen in a while, I love it. Casey would die! And you are a good mom for even dressing up at all! So happy for Colton as well :)

Brooke said...

So happy the party was a success! What a relief. Colton's costume was so cute! And you definitely win the prize for best looking frog. Miss you!

Aaron and Celina said...

ok seriously colton has the best kid costume i've seen so far this year!!! too stinkin cute!!!

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Love Colton's costume! Max is being Curious George and Dan is going to be the man in the yellow hat (all Max's idea) - we love Curious George around here! :) You did an amazing job on his costume, it's perfect! Success indeed! :)

Anderson's said...

He looks so cute!