Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First day of school

Today was Colton's first day of preschool. And, I am happy to say that it was a smashing success!

Colton is going to go to preschool 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hours. He is in a "turning 3" class, with 7 kids, 2 teachers (plus the aide that will go with him). Perfect. He is going to preschool primarily for the social aspect.

I made Colton a transition book/social story about preschool...and he has been asking "wanna go to school" ever since. We went in early today to get him used to the class and meet the teachers, and then I left.

No tears (on Colton's end or my end). And, when we were driving home, Colton told me "Want to go to school again." Perfect.

Here are a few pictures to document :) The pictures are terrible, but they do the job.
Yeah...Colton isn't really into the whole art thing :) haha.
And...it snowed for the first time. So, Colton and I made snowmen. Colton looked at one, turned to me and said, "Kinda looks like Colton. Snowman kinda looks like me." haha.

13 comments:

Jill said...

I've been staying up just in case you posted! I am so proud of Colton (and you!) on his first momentous day of preschool. I love the pictures, I love his comments about the snowman, I love the Thomas backpack, I love his art! I love it all. We have come a long way! His world is expanding. This sounds like the perfect set up, and I am so grateful you are in this place at this time.

lyndsey said...

okay, he is the CUTEST preschooler ever!!! he looks so grown up, i can't believe it. i'm so proud of him (and you!) for doing so great! yay.

Renee said...

Love it! What a cute pre-schooler you have on your hands. Glad that you both survived the big day.

Karen the "Hungry Mom" said...

sooo cute! you are such a great mom!!

sam and brittney said...

Way to go colton!

Hannah said...

Yeah Colton! You really can't beat cute pictures of kids wearing backpacks (it makes them look so big)! Angela, I am just so excited with everything Colton is doing and how well he manages so many new situations! I was bragging about him to our company last night, and how we see miracles every day. Love him!!

Kristin said...

This is precious! He looks adorable and so grown up! Ah! I love that everything went well. You are such a great Mom.

Taryn said...

I am so happy that school went well! Hope you guys had a great Christmas and we will see you soon!!!

becca said...

Colton looks so dear in his jacket and Thomas backpack -- cutest little preschooler ever! The artwork is awesome. I'm so excited for all the new experiences Colton will gain from this perfect preschool. I hope his second day of preschool is going well today!

Crystal said...

Colton looks so cute and grown up going off to preschool. I'm so glad his first day went so well. That will be so fun for him (and will give you a nice little break a couple days a week.) Oh, and the snowman comments from Colton are too cute. Schae saw some snow in Utah over Christmas and said, "Hey, mom, what's that white stuff?" Ha, that's what you get from a Vegas kid.

janner said...

Love Love Love that little guy! We are all so excited that Colton loved his first day at preschool! You did such a good job preparing him. We also think Colton's artwork is amazing. A great use of primary color and composition! I have a friend who framed all her kids' very first preschool artwork. A cute idea!

Brooke said...

This post makes me so so happy! I am so proud of Colton (and you!) His painting is the bomb. I sure do love that boy!

Aaron and Celina said...

Wow Colton is already in preschool...how exciting!!! Oh and I love love love coltons playroom!!! So cute!!!