Thursday, December 20, 2012

Alive and Well

What happened to blogs? Is it just me or does it seem like they are going away?

Well, regardless...I will give you a quick life update on the Roses.
1) We will be moving to Michigan at the end of the school year. I am excited, but also sad as I love love love my current location.
2) Colton is an all star. Seriously. I just had a meeting with his psychologist to go over his recent evaluation. As expected, he has made progress (especially in language, cognitive, academic skills), but what wasn't expected is HOW much progress he made. As his psychologist said, "You should be very happy, these are beyond typical gains we see." So excited, and makes it all worth it. This kid can do anything and now I'm even more motivated to work on the areas we still struggle in (self help skills, socialization, difficult behaviors, repetitiveness etc.)
3) We are a happy family. It's just the 3 of us, but we are happy. We love having dance parties, family movie nights, going to soccer practice, and playing with friends. We appreciate all the little things and have so much joy on the daily basis being Colton's parents.




3 comments:

Sharon said...

Reading your blog and looking at the pictures makes my eyes fill with tears and my heart swell with joy. All three of you are all stars in my book.

Jill said...

Ditto what Sharon said. You all bring us such joy. I love the update and photos, and am so proud of Colton's accomplishments of the past year. He has worked so hard! And so have his parents. So many blessings.

Crystal said...

I feel ya, Angela. I am feel like sort of a loner in the family blog world recently. It's my attempt at a journal so I try to keep it up anyway. Glad to hear all is going so well for you guys. I can't believe Mike is all done with school this Spring. Time flies! Tell him congrats.